- Conduct research and studies in all fields that achieve the objectives of the Institute.
- Prepare planning cadres by organizing training programs related to planning and development.
- Awarding degrees (diploma, master's and doctorate) in the fields of planning and development alone, or in cooperation with scientific bodies at home and abroad.
- Issuing and publishing scientific researches, reports and periodicals, and translating and writing books related to the purposes of the Institute.
- Provide scientific consultations to the parties working in the fields of planning and development at home and abroad.
- Holding conferences, seminars and scientific meetings.
- Give the opinion on draft laws and decisions related to development and planning issues.
- Help spread the culture of planning and development in society.